Field Notes’ 35th Quarterly Edition celebrates a chemical process we witness nearly every day, but rarely take the time to appreciate. Fire gives us heat and light. Fire can frighten and endanger us. With a bit of olive oil, it makes asparagus palatable. But in its most primal, elemental state, it inspires us to gather around and watch it while we share stories, ideas and friendship.
With at least three ex-Scouts at Field Notes Midwest HQ, they feel any night spent around a fire in the woods, should be rewarded with a patch. So, they created a handsome 2-1/4" one inspired by (but larger than) merit badges, and their friends at Brewery Outfitters in PDX stitched ’em up. There's one included with every 3-Pack.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: WestRock Tango Coated Cover C1S Paperboard “White” slathered with a whopping fifteen (five per book) hand-picked soy-based Saphira inks.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound with gold staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 3½" × 5½"
- 48 Pages