Perhaps Field Notes' coolest limited edition yet. With a nod to lower temperatures and shimmering black ice, Field Notes has coated heavy cover stock with a silvery-black metallic foil punctuated by vibrant orange binding.
Black Ice is Field Notes' first pocket memo book to be bound without staples utilizing the PUR-bound technique that’s both stronger and more flexible than regular perfect binding./p>
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Sappi McCoy 100#C Silk with a brute force, 1-color application of “DDC Orange” soy-based Saphira ink with soft-touch varnish.
- Cover stamped with Crown “Black Ice” foil by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Cover text embossed by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Fine Smooth 70#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 2-color application of “DDC Orange” and “Frost Gray” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
- Bound by Specialty Finishing Group, Elk Grove Village, Ill., with the Wohlenberg Quickbinder PUR system with Henkel TechnoMelt PUR 3365 glue and Henkel TechnoMelt GA 007A hinge-side glue.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- 3½" × 5½"
- 48 Pages